Join Our Team
We are looking for an experienced IT professional/Network Engineer to join our rapidly growing IT consulting firm. The primary responsibility of this position is to Manage, Delegate and provide IT consulting and hands-on support with a variety of technologies for our clients.
• Aggressively solve customer problems
• Over-communicate with co-workers and customers
• Be detail oriented (keep internal documentation current and complete)
• Enjoy handling multiple, competing priorities
• Thrive in a customer facing, team environment
• Learn quickly and enjoy sharing that knowledge with our team
• Smoothly jump from desktop to server to firewall support without fear
• Be an ‘A’ player and bring their best game each day, rain or shine
If you have what it takes to contribute to the BEST IT Support provider in Raleigh, NC and can prove it, then this may be your dream job.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience supporting Windows Server/SBS in a corporate environment
• Excellent diagnostic skills with the ability to learn new applications
• Able to open tickets with US based vendors and resolve software issues for any 3rd party software
• Experience solving Troubleshooting problems remotely
• Ability to work at all levels of a problem on customer sites
• Excellent customer service and clear communication skills with the ability to communicate technical and non-technical information effectively, both orally and in writing to customers is essential.
• Ability to grasp and master new topics and technologies quickly
• Experience with installation and general maintenance of all Windows OS (Mac and Linux a plus!)
• Intermediate to advanced understanding of networking, cabling, routing, and software installations
• Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
• Windows XP, Vista, Win7, Server 2003, Server 2008, SBS 2008, SBS 2011 (Primarily SBS and Standard Versions)
• Routers, Switches, Cable/DSL Modems
• Firewall configuration – Cisco PIX/ASA, Sonicwall, and/or Watchguard
• Server troubleshooting/Repairs
• PC troubleshooting/Repairs
• Business Software Applications
• Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio
• AD Management and Troubleshooting
• Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010
• Assist in troubleshooting and resolving open tickets with various Windows Servers 2003, 2008 (SBS and Standard) remotely or on-site if necessary.
• Provides hands-on and remote helpdesk support to produce resolution for desktops, laptops, applications and operating systems.
• Opens tickets and details caller problems in our Help Desk ticketing system.
• Administers user rights and security.
• Automate systems monitoring tasks using standard monitoring tools.
• Server hardware provisioning including configuration and deployment.
• Data backup management, scheduling and reporting for both internal corporate systems, and customer systems.
• Performs system backups, restores files, and monitors system performance.
• Develops polices for LAN environment using Group Policy Objects (GPOâ€™s).
• Build and deploy virtualization servers for corporate and data center environments.
• Troubleshooting and support corporate operations such as corporate networks, servers and PCs remotely and on-site throughout the Raleigh-Durham area
• Troubleshoot and debug environment and infrastructure problems found in the production and non-production environments.
• Assist in managing the corporate systems in a racked Windows/Intel environment, including the following: Windows 2008, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Active Directory, MS Exchange, MS Terminal Services, DNS services, spam filters, Cisco VPN, firewalls, and VMWare servers.
• 5+ years’ experience supporting Windows Server/SBS in a corporate environment
• One or more Microsoft certifications (MCITP, MCSE, etc.)
• One or more additional certifications (VCP, CISSP, etc.)
• Vmware Server and ESX 2/3/4
• Experience working with a ticketing system
• Experience working for a consulting firm
Please submit your resume to email@example.com (no calls accepted) with desired yearly salary and 4 professional references. Tell us why you feel you are the best candidate for this job. Be specific and detail the qualities that set you apart from the rest of the crowd.