6 Reasons Your Company Needs a PBX System
What Is PBX?
PBX stands for Private Branch Exchange. It is a private telephone network used within a company. The users of the PBX phone system share a number of outside lines for making external phone calls.
Why Does My Company Need It?
- The best, and perhaps the most important, advantage with PBX phone systems is that they costs only a tenth of the old phone systems, but have twice the features. These features include, but are not limited to, automated greetings, conference calls, email notifications, and voice menus.
- PBX phone systems use Internet connection, so there is no phone wiring. As your business succeeds, you don’t need to replace your phone system to be able to connect more phones to it as IP phones connect via the network.
- PBX systems give you a central company number that provides access to all company employees and departments. This simplifies procedures- no more having to remember different numbers!
- PBX assigns each employee a telephone extension within the company. Calls can be transferred from extension to extension avoiding laborious transfers back to a main switchboard. Voice messages can be left on any extension for a particular person or a department. This saves time and gives client satisfaction.
- This system can also offer a menu with options that direct the caller. Instead of going to the main switchboard, the caller can be connected to a specific extension or a particular department. This makes it significantly convenient for the caller to go directly to the person they need to speak to.
- Conference calling is being used more and more by businesses. Conference calling with PBX allows multiple incoming calls to be put through to a single extension. All you need to do is get all the involved people on the phone and everyone can speak together.
Let Petronella Computer Consultants help you with your phone system today! Visit our page on Phone Systems or call 919-355-5545 to speak with a specialist.